Between Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, YouTube and Seed and Spark (the list goes on…), there are thousands of options of things to watch…option overload. And it seems like every day a new show or movie gets added to my queue by a coworker or my sister…I really feel like the powers that be don’t want me to be productive…they just want me to melt into my couch and stream all day…everyday…24/7…that’s the only way I’ll get through it! (Unless its like that time when I was between jobs and watched all 7 seasons of Game of Thrones in two weeks…please don’t judge me lol). There are so many options, and things that I want to watch or that look/sound good that I can’t choose and oftentimes end up watching something I’ve already seen smh.
I’ve been watching a lot of series recently and just sprinkling in a movie here or there on the weekends (just watched Roma and Birdbox, reviews coming soon…thank you 4-day holiday weekend). I recently finished/got current with:
- The Haunting of Hill House (Drama/Horro…really didn’t get good to me until the last 2 episodes)
- Schitt$ Creek (Comedy…loved it! Daniel Levy is freakin’ hilarious)
- Black Mirror (Sci-Fi/Drama…one of my favorites, especially “Hang the DJ” and “Be Right Back”)
- The Mist (2017 version) (Horror/Sci-Fi…I knew it wasn’t good but couldn’t stop watching)
- Atypical (Dramedy…really authentic and funny…so good)
- Lovesick (British rom com…really good)
- BBC’s Pride & Prejudice (Period Drama…I know I’m late, but I too am obsessed with Mr. Darcy lol)
- Patrick Melrose (Drama…Benedict Cumberbatch is damn good…as usual)
- Insecure (Comedy/Drama…so relatable and so good…feels good to see people who look like me and my friends represented in such an authentic way…Issa Rae is the ‘ish)
- The Rain (good Danish Sci-Fi series)
I’m currently watching:
- The Last Kingdom (Period Drama/Action…I’m really breezing through it…my coworker calls it “the poor man’s Vikings”, but I love me some Uhtred)
- Peaky Blinders (Period Crime Drama…another coworker recommendation, but one I actually like)
- Skins (Dramedy…I know its old, but I thought I’d check it out…see some big British names before they were “big”)
- F is For Family (Comedy…f’ing hilarious…I love Bill Burr)
- Penny Dreadful (Fantasy/Horror…I loved the first 2 seasons and breezed through them…the 3rd is dragging to me)
- Grace & Frankie (Comedy…I freakin’ love this show and Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in it!
- Westworld (Sci-Fi Western…really good)
Since Netflix is canceling the majority of their Marvel shows (post about this coming soon), I have to finish the last season of Luke Cage (I absolutely loved the first season, but the 2nd season just isn’t holding me) and start the last seasons of Iron Fist (although I’m not pressed for this one because it was my least favorite of the Marvel series) and Daredevil. I started Riverdale (on my sister’s recommendation) but don’t think I’ll finish. I also started Trailer Park Boys (on my co-worker’s recommendation) and made it two episodes in…don’t think I’m going to make it through that one…not really for me lol.
I would love to add some more great series to my list so I welcome any suggestions!