Today is the big day…the kickoff for the Sundance Film Festival 2021! 🤗 When I really started getting […]
So I was just made aware that it’s almost the end of January and I haven’t posted my […]
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know its a little late…I meant to post this before 2019 graced us with its presence, but between work, the holidays and family, it got lost in the shuffle…but here we go. I saw a lot this year…I mean last year (still getting used to that lol), but here’s some of the best.
Here’s my Top 10 of 2018 (in no particular order with my brief, initial thoughts on them):
- A Star is Born — “A tear-jerker & tragic love story…my favorite of all of 4 versions”
- Black Panther — “For the culture!”
- Blindspotting — “A cultural thesis”
- The Death of Stalin — “An unexpected good time”
- 22 July — “Love & hope over hate”
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before — “Oh to be a teenager again…”
- Game Night — “Side-splitting shenanigans I didn’t want to end”
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor — “A feel good story about someone who shaped generations”
- Hereditary — “And you thought your family had issues”
- Roma — “A visually stunning simple story about life”
Honorable Mentions: Bad Times at the El Royale, BlackKklansman, The Hate U Give, The Outlaw King, Love, Simon, Beautiful Boy, Crazy Rich Asians, Avengers: Infinity War, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and The Favourite.
There are hundreds of movies that are released every year so there’s still a lot I’ve yet to see (some really good ones, or so I hear…Green Book, Eighth Grade, If Beale Street Could Talk, Cold War, A Quiet Place, Shoplifters, RGB, Vice and Burning for example). I’ll try and get to all those as soon as I can so stay tuned. In the meantime, I’d love hear some of your favorite films from 2018…what gems did I miss???